News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[The Emperor's Heart] Seeking Playtesters

Started by Chris_Chinn, July 29, 2007, 05:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Chinn

The Emperor's Heart is a story game of high drama and space wuxia action.  The Seven Immortal Eunuchs have taken control of the dynasty, and now vie amongst themselves for power- using the Empire as pawns in their games- crushing planets at a whim.  Can your band of outlaws and rebels overthrow the inhuman masters and return peace to the Empire?  And what will it cost you along the way?

The Emperor's Heart is designed to get you up and running to play in 10 minutes and play out a full story arc in the course of 2 hours or so.  You'll need to print out the game cards, and bring some 6 sided dice, as well as two types of counters for the game (paperclips and pennies work fine).

The rules, and sample cards can be downloaded here:

http://bankuei.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/the-emperors-heart-playtesting/

Thanks,

Chris

Clyde L. Rhoer

Hey Chris,

Will you be at Gen Con again this year? My offer I made during the game design seminar last year to playtest with you is still open. See ya,

Clyde
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

Chris_Chinn

Hi Clyde,

Due to financial and personal reasons, I won't be attending this year.  Though, if you'd like to playtest it sometime in the next few months, please do!  I'll probably scrape together 2 or 3 playtest groups out where I live, it will also be good to get blind playtests happening, though I've got a lot of work to do in writing the process of play clearly, which is where I think I'll see the most work.

Chris

jporrett

Hi Chris.

Over the Labor Day weekend some of my friends and I are having a little game con, and one of the events I plan on running is a playtest of The Emperor's Heart.  So far I have two people interested.  I hope to run a game or two over that weekend.

So far, reading through the playtest document, everything makes sense, but I do have one question.  Step 8 under set-up says "Players can choose to take 1 Artifact if they want."  I found no other reference to artifacts in the text.  Is this something from a previous version of the game?  I just want to make sure I'm not totally missing something.

Thanks
Joe

Chris_Chinn

Hi Joe,

Yeah, that's actually from a previous version.  Artifacts may make a return later on, but right now I need to know if the basic rules work.  I actually will probably update the file sometime mid-week with some number tweaks I want to use.  I'll be sure to post here as well when that happens.

Thanks,

Chris