News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Ur] Some actual stuff

Started by ODDin, August 08, 2007, 01:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODDin

About a year ago I posted about an RPG I was working on, which revolved around a sophisticated tree of abilities and skills. I can't say that I was extremely busy working on it throughout this year, but I did make some serious progress (and the "tree" got renamed to a "list").

So, a bit about the system. It's a genre-less system, with the use of which one can design worlds. The core of the system is a big list of abilities and skills, intricately connected with each other. The system itself doesn't provide with this list, but rather explains how one can be created.
I don't currently have a combat system, but I'm thinking along the lines of what The Riddle of Steel does.
Another thing about the system is that the math is extremely heavy and complicated (more in the amount rather than in the level of math used), and thus I expect the game to be run with the aid of a computer.

Now, I'm providing the document more or less the way it is at the moment. Now, I would appreciate help with 3 things:
1. To help me with the combat system. Some very raw ideas appear at the end of the document, but they are, well, very raw.
2. Do you think the ASL on itself is complete? Is something missing?
3. And finally, I want to start working on an actual general human ASL for some setting (fantasy, probably), and I'd really need help here.

So, anyway, the file: Ur

Michael Pevzner