News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Poison'd] Questions

Started by Nyarly, August 23, 2007, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyarly

Do I cipher properly that, having completed a pursuit & evasion fight, there's a gap in which the PCs can attempt success checks, with the obvious available fight the next stage of ship battle?  And that the GM gets new profile-based Xs as the ship combat enters the new range?

Are the Xs next to injuries suffered at the hand of Captain Jack the same or different from Xs received as the result of success checks?  If injuries are suffered at the hands of the new captain, are they marked or not?  If an ambition is achieved, is it's X like an X from success checks?

If I have the time to back up my inclination to put together a character sheet, should I keep it to myself or would you like to see it?
-- Judson

Nyarly

And one I neglected:

Are none, any or all of the lists in the game not intended to be exhaustive?  I'd read sins, and injuries as exhaustive, ambitions likely so, bargains exhaustive only at character creation, and means of escalation not at all.  Close?
-- Judson

lumpley

1. You cipher properly.

2. The Xs next to injuries suffered at the hand of Captain Jack are just to mark them, for the benefit of the GM, for purposes of knowing who Captain Jack was. In demo and play I say stars instead; they're a whole different thing than the Xs.

3. I'd love to see it.

4. Very close. In fact, right on.

-Vincent

Nyarly

That first one makes a huge difference.  There rest are good to know.  Thanks!
-- Judson

Piers

One more:

The sample characters seem to be built with Soul = 7 - Devil.  Is this just an earlier iteration of the rules, instead o the currentf 8 - Devil? 

lumpley

Exactly! I shorted all the example characters 1 Soul, by an accident of incomplete revision.

-Vincent