Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 10, 2022, 06:53:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Third print supplement - maybe  (Read 14051 times)
Uncle Dark

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2002, 08:36:05 PM »

Clay,

That's just the point.  What you say is only true if it's the opinions of others which is the test of transgression.

What I'm getting at is that "Sorcerer's ?" ought to include some discussion of different ways relationships and roles can be transgressed against.  This is going to be bound up in how a given group defines Humanity.  Some groups might elevate social mores to natural law, and declare that some acts are transgressive no matter who does them or why, or whether anyone ever finds out about it.  Other groups might feel that it is the sorcerer's own internal concept of right and wrong which are the test of transgression, and loss of Humanity reflects a growing sociopathy.

Lon

Reality is what you can get away with.
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2002, 04:55:54 AM »

Hi Lon,

Check out the "Oh the Humanity" threads in the archives of the old Sorcerer mailing list, at the Sorcerer site. I've been over this ground before.

Best,
Ron
Clay

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2002, 07:00:26 AM »

Quote from: Uncle Dark
That's just the point.  What you say is only true if it's the opinions of others which is the test of transgression.

Lon,

If you'll read back over my post, you'll find that we're in agreement. Essentially, what counts as transgression is contextually defined.  Compare Chasing Amy and The Maltese Falcon to see the different contexts on films. Come live in East Lansing, MI for a full year and see it in real life.

Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: