News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

RPG.Net Review of Shooting the Moon

Started by Emily Care, February 12, 2008, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily Care

Jee Hyung Lee just gave Shooting the Moon a thorough and very favorable review at RPG.Net:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/13/13614.phtml

I'm very happy that Jee enjoyed the game! Using the Beast Hunter setting (wow, between that and the James Bond scenario my games may be getting something of a work out for playing-this-with-that) There are a few things in it that I'd missed about the text of StM and some very good critiques of Breaking the Ice. Frex:

QuoteEvery scene in Shooting the Moon has a set procedure of scene framing, hurdle presentation, and resolution. Breaking the Ice had procedure, as well, but a turn in Breaking the Ice could be pretty much all over the place as players worked to maximize successes, something that, as mentioned above, could seriously harm the pace of the game.

Now that is not something I've experienced. Though it is true, there are no limits, people get to choose when they end a turn. They can give up and let a failure stand, or keep going.  More events and complications per turn has seemed like a good thing to me. Hmmm...

Jee Hyung hasn't gotten to play 3 player yet too--which is by far and away my favorite way to play. Though I had a great experience playing a 2-player game with Julia, in a game about loves in Gangs of New York period setting.  But nothing beats Love's Reflection and Stalingrad '43.  The back and forth with someone playing the Beloved really adds spice.

best,
Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games