News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Card Art

Started by williamhessian, March 08, 2008, 03:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamhessian

http://beardedbunnyblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/evolution-of-monster-cards.html

I have been working on card art, and more specifically card design. I want to have interesting and exciting cards while making sure I am making the important areas very clear.

I am trying to keep a hand drawn energetic look to my cards while being professional looking. I plan to have a number of backgrounds to use for different cards, and the ability to tweak colors and use multiple backgrounds for specific cards.

I would appreciate any comments one can give. Thanks.

If you want to know more about my CCG see my post here:  http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=25791.msg249130#new

Nev the Deranged

Nice. I don't really have any suggestions at this point- until I've got a good idea how the game works, I won't know how well or not the art facilitates/evokes or confounds those goals. But they look cool.

williamhessian

thanks Nev. i am currently waiting on some avery products in the mail to hopefully print off a few trial cards. none of the stores around me carried the product you mentioned.  I am excited to get them and print some of my first prototype cards.

i am currently struggling with deciding how many variations or special cards should be in the game. I want the first release (of 50 cards or so) to be a well balanced system, and provide an introduction to the game. And if that goes well, have another 50 cards ready to print for the second run. The second run would feature the more confusing cards like piggybacking, burrow, magnet and explosion.

However, it is a blast trying out all the new variations and specialties simply to see what works and how it affects the game. The basic rules are so simple, that it is very exciting to add in cards that totally change the gameplay, yet (hopefully) keep it balanced.

Also, I might have a name for the game.

William

TJ

williamhessian

TJ, no i havnt. great website, i will consider their products.

thanks!

Nev the Deranged

Huh. Guess I haven't searched the web for playing card resources for a while. That's hella useful. Thanks TJ!