News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[unWritten] A game of film and literature. Seeking playtesters!

Started by alejandro, March 31, 2008, 04:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alejandro

Hello everyone,

I've been developing my game unWritten for some time now. So, I'm seeking playtesters. Here is a little bit about it...

unWritten is a game that attempts to create the types of stories and experience found in film and literature.
Lead Players frame scenes for their own protagonists as Support players create or present complications/conflicts to get resolved.
The setting and the protagonists of the story a developed through play, thus the story emerges. So the players end up being the audience as well as the authors of the story.
Finally, it uses a paired down bastardized version of the 5 act structure/play and the hero's journey to facilitate a literary feel and arrangement of the story. However, it does not needlessly constrain nor force the story to go in any particular direction. Thus, you can create stories like Star Wars, When Harry Met Sally, or Pulp Fiction. I also believe it can do such things as Modernist Literature, but I haven't been able to playtest that, nor am I sufficiently educated in modernist literature such that I could give it justice.

If anyone is interested please post here or email me at alex.duarte@mac.com and please check out my blog at www.unWrittenContinuum.com

Thanks a lot Alex!
~ alex

www.unWrittenContinuum.com

Peter Nordstrand

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
     —Grey's Law

alejandro

~ alex

www.unWrittenContinuum.com