News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Professional Illustrator looking for work (sample pic attached)

Started by jessejesse, April 16, 2008, 08:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejesse

I'm a professional freelance illustrator and graphic designer, also a long time gamer. I am looking to break into the tabletop gaming industry. Let me know if you like my work or would like to hire me for a project. Here is an example pic, and a link to my site....

http://www.goldpiece.com

Cheers,

Jesse

edited by me to change the image into a link - RE

Steve Segedy

Thanks for posting this, Jesse- I really like your work.  We'll definitely keep you in mind in case we develop a game design that calls for this kind of style.

Cheers,
Steve
The Shab-al-Hiri Roach and Grey Ranks, available now at IPR!

jessejesse

Thanks Steve, This example pic is definitely indicative of the style I have been working in recently. However, I am currently moving into new areas as well, going for a more realistic, rendered style, also doing some pieces in straight black and white. Certainly not leaving this current stuff behind though. Once I have a good example of the new stuff, Ill post that as well.

Cheers,

Jesse

williamhessian

Being an artist myself, I must say....your work is amazing.

I love it.

I'd probably sit down to play any game that had your artwork on it.

jessejesse

I actually just re-did my website and put some new work up... go and check it out!

www.goldpiece.com

-jesse

Eero Tuovinen

Nope, not working, Jesse. Which is a shame, as I wanted to see your new, rendered style.

Also: I'm a virtual hermit and won't even ask you for a price quote until you put up some kind of guideline on whether you're expecting to work for beer money or real money and how much work it takes you to make one of these gorgeous pieces. So if you'll put up a hint on your price range I'll know what kind of projects you should be bothered about. Others are, of course, different.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

jessejesse

Interesting... It seems to be working for me, as well as on a second computer i tested. Can you tell me exactly what it is doing / not doing? As for price, ill get back to you on that. Normally I have a sliding scale, ranging from just above beer-money to actual make-a-living money. It depends on the situation... obviously I understand that most indie-game companies reside near the beer-money end of the spectrum.

cheers,
jesse

Eero Tuovinen

The page is showing just an empty box with a thin border for me, as well as a footer with your copyright declaration. The main content <div> is completely empty, without even whitespace, so I imagine it has something to do with your content control system. Or might be my Firefox playing tricks on me, I guess.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

jessejesse

Hmmm. I don't know. I tried it on safari and firefox on a mac, plus IE on a PC. seemed to work everywhere. sorry.

jesse