News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Cover art, interior art needed

Started by rafael, April 25, 2008, 07:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafael

I'm working on a new game. It's got an eighties vibe to it. I'm talking about:

• Feathered, ultra-teased hair
  • Side ponytails
  • Off-shoulder shirts
  • Thick belts, long t-shirts
  • Denim jackets, tight jeans
  • Numerous Swatch watches
  • Mascara, beauty moles

... and that's just for the men. For the ladies, I've got an even longer list. Zing!

Anyhow, the whole thing's got an eighties-horror-movie thing going on. So in addition to the parachute pants and and Vans, there's going to be gore aplenty. Be advised.

So here's what I'm looking for.

1. Cover art. A color illustration, 8.5x11, 300dpi. Shows some teenagers in full-on eighties regalia, and a couple of demonic creatures. Blood, chainsaws, hoop earrings, charm bracelets. Pays $100 in advance.

2. Interior art. I need 10 images of teenagers with weapons (bloody axes, bloody machetes, and so on). These should be a quarter page, maybe smaller. Something like 3" wide by 4" high. Pays $100 in advance.

Specific details to be furnished later on. I'm partial to line art, but my heart's not set on it. If you're interested, post here. Thanks, and don't forget to wear your sunglasses at night.

-- Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

kparasol

Interested indeed!  I don't have line drawing samples or your specific genre, but let me know if you are interested in my work.  Here are a few samples that represent a range of things I do - from realistic oil paintings ("Hallway" and "Card Players") to gouache paintings in a style I like to call "chunks o' color" ("Retirement Party").  http://www.kylemckenzie.net/images/
Let me know if you have any questions or want to see different samples.
Are you thinking that the interior illustrations will be greyscale or black & white? 
Even if my style doesn't fit your game, I would appreciate any feedback you would be willing to give.
Thanks,
Kyle