News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

tHE ROACH HAS BEEN AT WORK HERE...

Started by AXUM, June 19, 2008, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AXUM

Hello!

Why is the Convocation & Greeting of the Class for 1919 Event instead for the Class of 1923 (in the book & character sheet)???

Has the Roach been at work here?

A time-space paradigm been broken?

Are the Olde Roaches returning at last?

Axum

Steve Segedy

Hi Axum,

The Convocation and Greeting event (held in the Fall of 1919) is welcoming in the new batch of Freshman, who will graduate four years later as the Class of 1923.  Assuming they survive their time at Pemberton, that is.
The Shab-al-Hiri Roach and Grey Ranks, available now at IPR!

Jason Morningstar

1919 was a pretty rough year for retention at Pemberton.  Of the 101 incoming freshmen present at the Convocation, 89 were later victims of the "bass drum" incident during the homecoming game against Colby, 3 were ejected for academic irregularities or pregnancy, 2 were thrown in molten bronze, 2 were exsanguinated, and one became some sort of God.  The remaining four stuck with it and matriculated in 1923.

AXUM

Quote from: Jason Morningstar on June 20, 2008, 10:56:24 AM
1919 was a pretty rough year for retention at Pemberton.  Of the 101 incoming freshmen present at the Convocation, 89 were later victims of the "bass drum" incident during the homecoming game against Colby, 3 were ejected for academic irregularities or pregnancy, 2 were thrown in molten bronze, 2 were exsanguinated, and one became some sort of God.  The remaining four stuck with it and matriculated in 1923.

Hello again.

Thanks for the clarifying remarks... I should've known better.  Ever since I had that strange dream I keep finding myself at the oddest locations & missing facts, etc....

BTW:
Thanks for the 1919 review info. Seems this yearly high attrition rate was indeed one of the shatterpoints which quickly bankrupted Pemberton, (besides others, already better known) yet, one not that publicly accepted.  I see no mention of these figures in the famous non-fiction by W. W. Wilhelm Kroos, Esq. ("The Case Against Pemberton", Golden Goblin Press, 1989).

Thanks again!
Axum