News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[The People's Hero] Playtesters sought

Started by Ron Edwards, June 29, 2008, 01:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I'm seeking ruthless playtesting. I've done what I can with the design of The People's Hero, and I am absolutely certain that I don't have the intuitive skill to judge the current design further via my own play.

I need people who like to break games, and who really use the rules as written, not just "interpret" them in broken ways.

There are two ways to win in this game: (1) the Hero defeats all the capitalists, in which case money (real money) is spent on something nice for everyone; or (2) one of the capitalists achieves all his goals, in which case that player gets all the money for himself.

The questions is are, does the game descend into a tedious, grind-it-out ending, or does the escalation of events make it fun all the way through? Also, is there a tactical lock that can be established early and then simply ridden to victory, or are the available tactics effective yet also subject to change?

This is my first really committed hard-core Gamist design, as opposed to Elfs which is kind of a zany Chutes & Ladders satiric Gamism. I don't want to try to sell a broken piece of not-fun crap.

So! Contact me for the PDF playtest copy. I've pretty much "done all the damage I can do," following the discussions of [The People's Hero] Glasnost role-playing, and I hope I can get a Knizia-level knockout round of playtesting from several different groups.

I'm not sure whether I can add any meaningful incentive except to say that it's a pretty strong original design and will at the very least be interesting.

Send me an email at sorcerer@sorcerer-rpg.com, and I'll mail you the playtest copy.

Best, Ron