News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Illustration artist (from Montreal) available.

Started by Evlyn, July 12, 2008, 05:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evlyn

Hello, I am a french comic book artist from Montreal available for assignments.

I don't really do realistic stuff, my style is kind of inspired from the work of underground comic book artists.

I enjoy the work and books published by indy comic book editors like L'Association, Reprodukt, Drawn and Quarterly, Frémok, Le Dernier Crie, etc.

I can do colors but I prefer black and white.

My active blog: http://fruit-bizarre-evlyn.blogspot.com/
My archives (with sketches and some raw stuff):  http://evlynm.blogspot.com/

- Evlyn Moreau

evlyn_moreau at hotmail.com
or
brideofbloby at yahoo.ca

- Evlyn Moreau.

Evlyn

Sorry for kind of double posting, but after looking back at my archives, I figured out that there was a lot of fast done drawings that were funny to post on my blog at the time, but that won't seem suitable for illustrations. Since my archives blog is not a real portefolio I gathered here some drawings that could (maybe) interest you. (I know that my work is not for everyone taste).

As for Indy RPG books illustrations, what I would really love to do would be something like what was done for Polaris (one of the more beautiful rpg book I have ever seen).

What I would like to do, is to find a aesthetic that would contribute to a game. I think there is a difference between representing stuff from a game and doing illustrations that add something to the text, that "dialogue" with it. This is kind of hard for me explain in english.

I would like to see one day a rpg book illustrated by a indy comic book edition house. Well I am even tempted to write myself a game just to illustrate it.

Since I am looking for the experience, I would like to work for free on a similar project (fully illustrating a RPG book).

-Evlyn M

sanke danse

King Narmer Return

Catle

Space mutants

cosmo fish

Lilitu

lilims

Solaris

Rosemary

Bad Education

Cocoon

Flower

Butterfly woman

beehive

Gagarine

Laika Ascension

Father Insect

Insect people

Comic David Bowie

She mutant

Michel Houellebeck

Space Navajo

Self Demon

Comic strip

Saturday Night Gorgon

Vulture woman
- Evlyn Moreau.

greyorm

I don't have a project in mind, but I did just want to say I loved your Egyptian-styled pieces. I think you've really captured the essence of the style.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Jason Morningstar

I really like your style!  it is a wonderful departure from traditional "game art". 

I would encourage you not to work for free - you don't have to. 

Evlyn

Thanks for the comments, since I am only semi professional I often don't know how to evaluate my illustrations. Often I find them too amateurish and here in Montreal, the market is so small, working for free is often the norm. But I gravitate more around the comic book scene and not around the professional illustration scene, so it could be a question of milieu. Anyway my offer was for a small project, for a big project I would naturally need some small compensation for my time.

Here is a link toward my lilims project, I have recently put them back online. The idea is to drawn 100 childrens of Lilith (at the start it was 1000!, but I was maybe too enthousiastic.)

- Evlyn Moreau.

Vulpinoid

I'm looking for a series of images in a tribal style that depict creatures of nightmare and darkness. Something very different from my regular illustration style.

I'd love to use some of your lilims (maybe five or six of them). I'd offer you full credit and provide a link to your work. If the project does well, I'll offer some financial compensation as well.

If you're interested, let me know.

V
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.

pedyo

I think your artwork is great - and would be very suitable for a non-traditional rpg and look nice on my game shelf :)
Peter Dyring-Olsen

greyorm

Quote from: Evlyn on August 03, 2008, 12:33:56 PMHere is a link toward my lilims project, I have recently put them back online. The idea is to drawn 100 childrens of Lilith (at the start it was 1000!, but I was maybe too enthousiastic.)

Your art may not be traditional and it may seem "amateurish" to some (and a few of the pieces are certainly rougher than the others, but a number of them are simply incredible), but this series showcases not only a high degree of creativity but you manage to express a great deal of feeling and "presence" with them, the stories each seems to tell is creepy and even slightly disturbing. (Heck, I'm even trying to think of a game to write around these illustrations just so I can use them!)
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Vulpinoid

Quote from: greyorm on August 04, 2008, 02:34:18 PM
this series showcases not only a high degree of creativity but you manage to express a great deal of feeling and "presence" with them, the stories each seems to tell is creepy and even slightly disturbing.

Exactly what I thought, and I've been looking for something that might depict dark beings from a view of child-like innocence...this work is perfect for what I've been looking for.

Maybe the "Artists First" Game Chef contest has inspired me to start looking at new directions in roleplaying art.

Expanded horizons can only be a good thing...right??

V
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.

hoefer

Evlyn is another artist that's just incredible to work with!  Thanks for the tomb wall pick -E.

Louis Hoefer
Whole Sum entertainment