News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon Demo Adventure now Available Online!

Started by hoefer, September 15, 2008, 11:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoefer

For all those who may be interested, the 2008 GenCon demo for Century's Edge is now available as a free download from my site (www.centurysedge.com).  This demo adventure (Entitled "Sepulcher of the Dread Pharaoh") is a quaint little mummy's tomb adventure that barrows a lot from the mood of Lovecraft's writings and Stoker's Jewel of the 7 Stars.  The online version inmcludes many scenes that had to be edited out fo the original play test to fit the 4-hour game slot.  I you don't have the Century's Edge system, the Quick Play (also available online for free) may be enough to get you by for this adventure.

If you play it/ download it please take a minute or two to respond to these questions:

1.  Did the maps print out OK?  -I used Indesign, but I've had one complaint that the maps don't print from the PDF file...I have no clue why this is or if it is just a particular users printer that's messed up.

2.  Did the players make sense out of the story?  There are hints to the full background of the Pharaoh, but I want to make sure those that play the game feel like they understood the back story without having to just "read" the back story.  Even alternative "player misinterpreted" back stories are fine, so long as the game gave them enough to reach "closure" on why Nargashept is bad and what is going on with the lava stone, etc.

3.  Were there any points that were too tough, too easy, or didn't make sense (the broodlings were thought to be too vicious, but don't seem to create a TPK except for groups that try to just do flat-out combat against them).

Thanks for your time/reflections

Louis Hoefer
Whole Sum Entertainment