News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Analise] Traits with One Coin

Started by jburneko, November 12, 2008, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburneko

So, yesterday I read through Analise and so far I like what I see.  I have only one initial question.  How do Moments work when a player has only one coin in a trait?  I see options.

(a) That's impossible through some trickery of the rules I failed to notice.

(b) That can't be done because you can only use Traits with 2+ coins in a Moment which either isn't in the text or I missed it.

(c) Extrapolate from the rules and  it's possible to have a Moment with just one Achievement and no Consequences or vice versa depending on who initiated the Moment.

Thanks.

Jesse

Nathan P.

(c) Is correct.

Note that you'll always start with at least 3 coins on a satellite trait, so it's not something that will come up on your first Moment using it. But if you let it drop to 1 coin, well, that's dangerous!

Keep in mind that you can use Claims to add new achievements/consequences to a Moment, so if you are in the situation where there's only one on the board, there is always that option.

Thanks for checking out the game!
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

jburneko

Excellent.

Also the ability to introduce new Achievements/Consequences post roll and initial assignment via Claims is one of the things that makes the game work for me.

Jesse