News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Teen Doom

Started by Khuxan, December 06, 2008, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khuxan

I was thinking about a game about doomed teenagers in a horror film-like environment. Here's what I came up with:

• Exhausting Luck: The PCs have a seemingly inexhaustible pool of luck, but the more luck they spend the more terrible and insurmountable are the obstacles they face.
  • Known Dooms: It is in the character's best interests (probably) to have everyone survive. However, each player knows the doom of one other PC. If the player (through the unwitting character) can lead another PC to their doom then their own character's likelihood of survival increases.
  • Ability Scores are Hit Points: I like the MAOCT rules where Brains, Face, Guts, Hands and Feet are both ability scores and hit points.

However, I'm not really sure where to go from here. I've heard 3:16 has some sort of escalating danger mechanism, and that Mountain Witch has a similar trust-related system, but I don't know if it's worth checking them out.

Paul Czege

Hi,

I love the Known Dooms idea. So maybe I have a couple of hidden cards or something that collectively spell out the doom of another player, and if I can engineer circumstances where there's a pick-axe, a stalled car, and a romantic argument, then I flip over the cards and another player specific player character meets her doom. Sounds like great fun.

In 3:16 the effectiveness of the alien threat is calculated from the effectiveness of the player character troopers, so as the troopers get better, the aliens they fight generally get better.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans