News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Web designer needed

Started by rafael, December 27, 2008, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafael

I need a web site designed!

Five hundred dollars, half up front, half on completion. Simple website. Needs to look professional, cleanly laid out, easy to navigate. I'm an easy client to work with, so it's not going to be a complicated or frustrating job.

Needs --

1. I need to be able to edit (or add to) the text on the site. It's worth noting that I don't know much about HTML. But I won't need to add pages -- I just need to rewrite the text from time to time.
2. I have a specific look/feel in mind, and a logo, so it's not like this is going to require a whole lot of back and forth.
3. There aren't going to be a lot of pages on the site. Maybe a dozen total. Most of them are text, or text and a couple of images. So it's not a huge project.

Interested? Email me at my yahoo address (rchandler1974), or post your links and info here. Ideally, I want to work with someone who can point to an existing web site as a proof of skill and experience. Client references are also helpful if available.

Thank you very much, and Happy New Year!

- Rafael

Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

greyorm

Heya Rafael,

A suggestion for consideration: use WordPress as your back-end. It has the "easy to update, no futzing with code" aspects you've indicated you would like to use, and whomever you hire to handle the graphic design side can easily drop in their graphics and layout by tweaking the CSS code (it is designed for this).

You might note that WP was designed to be used as blogging software, but I've used it for Wild Hunt Studios without using the blogging aspect until very recently, and Evil Hat uses WP for their site as well, so it is perfectly functional as product/company promotion (or whatever) site.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

rafael

Thanks to everyone who contacted me! I'm going to be working with Anna Kreider on this one.

- Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium