News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Broomstix - advancement and other quirks

Started by Jhilahd, July 17, 2002, 10:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhilahd

Just out of curiosity(maybe I glazed over it too quickly), but how do we advance characters in Broomstix? I know, I know... they go on to the next school year. Har har. Seriously, other than learning more, do they gain points to increase skills and aptitudes? Or is this something you intended to leave up to the Headmaster(s) of the game?

Also, I just finished reformating you text into a Quarkxpress file, with interior background graphics and a cover. If you would like to see it, I can send you a pdf of it. I just didn't want to drop a pdf in your email from a complete strange, which I still am.

Nice work btw, on the game. Heck, all your games for that matter. Been playing(stealing) your stuff since you put up Pulp Era.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Bobby
"So I have learned this rule: When I want to do good, evil is there with me."
-Romans 7:21

Jared A. Sorensen

Advancement:
Hmmm...excellent question. Well, your Magic aptitude would gain +1 per year past the first. And...hmmm, it's been awhile since I've looked at Broomstix. Let's see...how about, every three years you gain +1 in a non-Magic aptitude and every year (on your birthday!) you get 1 point to place in *any* skill.

How's that?

As for the book...hell yeah! :) Nice to know people actually read/play this stuff.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jhilahd

Done.

I'll send it over when I get to work in a couple of hours. Real slow couple of days, so I'll spend some time creating a character sheet too.

As for the advancement... sounds good. I had thought of something like that too. My daughter(8) had also suggested something like that. "Can't they be different after their birthday" is what she had said. lol...

Thanks,

Bobby
"So I have learned this rule: When I want to do good, evil is there with me."
-Romans 7:21

Jared A. Sorensen

Check out the cool and graphical PDF version of Broomstix (and its accompanying character sheet), created by the inimitable Bobby Jennngs.

http://memento-mori.com/games/broomstix_rpg.pdf
http://memento-mori.com/games/broomstix_cs.pdf
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Tim Denee