News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Seeking a new partner for a game design partnership

Started by Eldarian, July 12, 2009, 09:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldarian

[NOTE: I am new to the Forge and hope I have posted this to the right board.]

I am a member of a newly formed partnership (HyperNova GameWorks) whose goal is to create a new SF RPG (mechanics and game setting) and also to write novels based on this RPG.

Our partnership currently consists of four members, three of whom have collectively 56+ years of RPG experience in over a dozen different game systems and are ready to take their gaming to the next level and try their hands at designing their own game mechanic and game setting. We currently have 2 writers and two 3D Digital Graphic artists.

We are looking for someone preferably with 10+ years of RPG experience and a desire to create a game they can truly call their own, to round out the partnership. It is hoped that you will provide input for mechanics and setting design as well as assisting with the writing of these materials.

We expect that the design process will take 4-5 years and payment , for all members, will be based on an equal division of future sales.

We are currently on our fifth draft of our Partnership Agreement and would hope to have any designers interested and selected within the next few months so they can get in on the ground floor in setting out the terms of agreement within the partnership before it is finalized.

If this creative venture interests you, you live in Canada (preferably Nova Scotia but not mandatory) and you believe your ideas would be an asset to designing a new RPG or have questions or desire more detailed information, please pm me or email me at johnathangould@gmail.com .

Thank-You for your time,

Johnathan Gould

Eldarian

It has become quite evident that we are not able to locate many Canadian game designers so have broadened our search to include foreign partners from the United States. We have one candidate already and are seeking a few more.

If you are from Canada or the United states and the above venture interests you please contact me at johnathangould@gmail.com for more information or to voice your interest.

Thank-You,

Johnathan Gould
Chief Operations Officer
HyperNova GameWorks

David C

I personally would like to hear more about what kind of game your attempting to make before I'd consider something like this. I mean as someone who does a lot of game mechanics, I personally prefer simplified mechanics that favor rewards and speed over realism.  In general, SF gamers tend to prefer sim/realism over speed, so I'd be a bad fit.  But who knows? I don't, not without more information about what you consider a fun game.
...but enjoying the scenery.

Eldarian

Thank you David for your reply but we have just reached are Partnership quota and are no longer seeking more partners,

Again thanks for your interest,

Johnathan Gould
Chief Operations Officer
HyperNova GameWorks