News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Game of Thrones RPG editions

Started by Alokov, July 22, 2009, 01:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alokov

Alright. First of all I really don't know if this fits in this forum but I have no idea where else to post it so forgive me if I screwed up and posted it in the wrong place and, if so, please let me know where I should be posting it. Thanks.

I'm really getting into the Song of Ice and Fire series and have recently discovered that there are several RPGs based on it. I really want to run one but I'm not sure which one to get. Here are my questions (Thanks again to David C for recomending that I use this format).

1. Which of the three RPGs (Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition, and A Song of Ice and Fire) do you prefer?

2. Which do you think would be better for a play-by-post game (since that's probably how I'm gonna be running it).

3. What is the difference between the Game of Thrones standard and deluxe editions (other than the price)?

4. How hard do you think that the Song of Ice and Fire system is on the GM if you reccommend it?

5. Shameless Recruiting Attempt: would any of you be interested in playing in a play-by-post game using any of these systems and set in Westeros (or any other part of Martin's world)? Keep in mind that I am a teen with VERY little GMing experience (as in one in person and one pbp game, both of which have just started) and that I've only read the first  book in the ASIF series (though I'm working as fast as possible to remedy that.)

Thanks in advance for any feedback I get.
Alokov

Alokov

I would also love to play in pbp game of thrones game.

chaviro

Quote from: Alokov on July 22, 2009, 01:57:30 AM
Alright. First of all I really don't know if this fits in this forum but I have no idea where else to post it so forgive me if I screwed up and posted it in the wrong place and, if so, please let me know where I should be posting it. Thanks.

I'm really getting into the Song of Ice and Fire series and have recently discovered that there are several RPGs based on it. I really want to run one but I'm not sure which one to get. Here are my questions (Thanks again to David C for recomending that I use this format).

1. Which of the three RPGs (Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition, and A Song of Ice and Fire) do you prefer?
ASIF is definitely better than the other ones to me. It has somewhat "modern" rules, I mean, GoT does not give you anything to manage intrigues and political conflicts. You have Reputation and Influence scores, at least.
Please note that I'm writing this from memory. I may be wrong.
2. Which do you think would be better for a play-by-post game (since that's probably how I'm gonna be running it).
No particular idea, sorry.
3. What is the difference between the Game of Thrones standard and deluxe editions (other than the price)?
The deluxe edition contains rules for the Tri-Stat system, whereas the standard edition contains only the d20 system ones. The cover is not the same, also. You won't need the deluxe edition.

Alokov

All right. I'll look into ASIF since I'm really into the intrigue side of things and that's what I want to focus on. I also love the house creation rules.

Thanks, man. This really helps.

Luke

Why is this thread in First Thoughts?

Alokov

As I said I have no idea where else to put it. If there's somewhere else I should put it please let me know (or just move it there).

Luke

I'm not a moderator. But shouldn't this be in Connections if it should be on this forum at all?

Sounds like a post more appropriat for rpg.net.

-L

Alokov

Alright I've posted it on rpg.net. I don't know how to move topics on this site so go ahead and delete it or move it if you want.

Thanks for pointing  me toward rpg.net.

Alokov

I know I should just be leaving this topic to die but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere other than rpg.net that I could post it. I've posted it on rpg.net and the giant in the playground forums but haven't gotten very many responses (1 in fact) so if there's anywhere else you can think of I could post it please let me know.
Thanks.

Adam Dray

Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Alokov

Thanks Adam I'll post it there too. I'm just desperate to get this game up and running.