News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Help finding play testers?

Started by ShadowDragonEntertainment, August 27, 2009, 11:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowDragonEntertainment

Okay so i have been working and reworking my game for a while now with different playtest groups i finally realized that the groups that i was working with were power gamers and the real problems they were having was how much power they could generate. Now i am looking for groups relativly close but in Austin all i can find are RPGA members which they all fancy D&D or White Wolf groups i would like a suggestion, the only reason i am looking for groups that are close because i like to interact in person with people to see there reactions. If there was a post similar to this i did not see it but i appologize ahead of time.

Ron Edwards

Hi, and welcome.

I'm going to move your post to the Connections forum, where it fits better and you'll get more relevant replies. It's no big deal.

I'm notifying you this way because your Private Messages function won't kick in until after you've posted a few times (it's an anti-spam thing). Go ahead and reply to this post, say "hi" or whatever, so I know you've seen it, and then I'll move the thread. You'll find it again by going to the Connections forum and clicking on it to see the threads there.

Best, Ron

Lance D. Allen

Shadow (If I can call ya Shadow),

Have you got any local gaming stores that have games nights in the store? That might be a good venue for getting a playtest done.

I would recommend having a ready-made scenario with pre-genned characters, or whatever is required to be able to sit down and play once you snag a few interested players. The higher the initial investment, the more likely you're going to have problems getting people interested.

I also know that there're a few websites built to help players find gamers in their area, but I have no idea which, if any, of them are still fuctioning. FindPlay and LocalGamers are two that I've known of.

Whatever happens, be upfront with what you're looking for in players, and what the game does well, and doesn't do well. Maybe even some of those RPGA members will be interested, once you've clearly laid out your game.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls