Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:43:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 45 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Planet] Introductory stuff  (Read 292 times)
khyron1144

« on: September 10, 2009, 01:04:43 AM »

The working title for my possible heartbreaker is Planet.  Here's some of the beginning stuff from it, so people can see where I'm coming from stylisitically:
Planet
An Introductory Totally Random Game System
Introduction

This is, to the best of my knowledge, a totally new game system based around the idea that simplicity is good, particularly in character creation.  I believe the reason that many RPGs feel complicated to beginners is the number of decisions that must be made.  I have therefore, attempted to actually take decision making power out of the hands of the players and make normally chosen aspects of the character creation process depend upon a random die roll checked against a table.

The Obligatory Introduction to Role Playing Games<Supplies
Before you play, you should acquire: some pencils and papers for keeping track of characters; some friends to play with; and some dice of the normal six-sided variety and some with twenty sides available from hobby shops and comic book stores.

I like living in the past.
It's so predictable.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: