News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Olde Realm: Akedemios

Started by Eldrad, December 19, 2009, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldrad

I have been working on my RPG/ Poems/ Collection of Short Stories/ Artwork with the help of a few friends for many years now. For the last 8-10 years I actually started typing out some of the stuff on paper.

My well tested rule system is simple a roll less than % score plus or minus modifiers against 20 different attributes depending on the need with specializations allowing for any number of other skills.  Magic is an improvised % system limited by eight elements.

The world and story of the Olde Realm is a genre I call swordpunk or it could even be called "New Weird" as well. It could also be called fantasy cosmic horror depending on the story. 

From the education of the gaming business I know that very few people make any money from writing gaming books.

My first thought question would be IF I ever compile a large enough book would people be interested?

I care little for the rules of grammar and spelling (though I thank the gods for spellcheckers) and I realize that I would get great criticism for the errors of such.

Some of the places in this world may offend as the morals and values of this age do not exist in this world. I have also veiled mockeries (of those who know of such things) on some history, religion, and politics.

Haphazardly organized like an old Victorian almanac or occult book such as most writing of Alister Crowley, or the Geofery Leland Gypsy Sorcery and Fortune Telling, or any of the old Greek historians of old.

A weird unorganized document that you could open up anywhere in the book and start reading about some subject in the Olde Realm.

Like an old dictionary or encyclopedia from another world with weird diagrams and pictures. 

Would someone be interested in a book that is an unorganized collection of rules, poems, art, short stories, maps, histories all crammed in one document? 

Vulpinoid

If it were done well enough, I'd love to have a coffee table book like this. Something beautifully illustrated, like an artifact from another world. Making it specifically not linked to any particular system would be a benefit in my eyes...just a touchstone for adventure ideas.

It's one of those projects I've been considering for a long time.

V
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.

Catelf

I really do like the idea to have it as a coffee table book!
But, to make it work, it of course has to have a purpose, and work, at least in some way.
I do like wierd things.

Cat