News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What happened to the Mechaton Community?

Started by SAW, March 24, 2010, 10:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAW

So, I just recently discovered Mechaton, however, when I started to read the various blogs, they all seem to have died out around the same time (between like March and July of 2009). Does anyone happen to have any insight as to why that happened? Everything seemed to be quite active, but then all of a sudden they all just stopped--no explanations or anything on their sites. They just stopped posting.

I'm just curious if there was an actual reason for it, or if it was just a strange coincidence.

Mantisking

I think the community just ran out of gas.   There's only so much you can talk about Mechaton before it starts getting a little bit stale.

Simon C

Yeah, Mantis has it right.

A few things combined - Malcolm getting busy on his thesis, us getting a bit played out on the game, running out of things to talk about on the blog.  It was lots of fun to do though, and I still play from time-to-time.

Zeek

My hard drive crashed, (all my lego ldd files and my Mechaton PDF gone) and then I lost my job in the same week.  I am still recovering, but I have started posting again.

http://nobsjustabs.wordpress.com/

Darrin in Kent Ohio