Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:19:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 56 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [DitV] Delta Green town - Alexandria (long)  (Read 885 times)
WJ MacGuffin

« on: May 24, 2010, 07:48:31 AM »

Hi folks! I'm running a Delta Green/Dogs in the Vineyard crossover game in a few weeks and wanted to know what y'all thought of my town. It was a little difficult marrying the Faith to mythos, but I think it works. Here it goes!

Alexandria <
    <
Paul T

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

This sounds like it would be very... different... from Dogs play.

What are going for with this? Do you have experience running Dogs?

I, for one, worry that you've left out the most important part: what do the NPCs want from the Dogs?

But maybe that's not what you're looking to get from the game at all, I don't know.

Tell us more about what kind of play you're aiming to achieve with this game!
WJ MacGuffin

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »

Thanks for the post, Paul. I'm the kinda guy who can't seem to grok a game until I start writing about it. Looking back, I'm not happy with it--no good guys in the town and the bad guys are too aligned. I'll fix that shortly.

As for what the NPCs want from the dogs, I just haven't gotten to that yet.

The kind of play I want? The fun kind, of course! I want to start as a standard Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green adventure but then bring in some moral ambiguity, where the dogs start off damn sure where the town is wrong and they're right, only to be much less sure the more they learn. That's not coming through in the town creation, so let me edit it.

And I've played twice but never GMed. Like I said, still trying to grok the game, so feel free to point out anything you feel is wrong or mistaken. I'd appreciate that!
WJ MacGuffin

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 01:03:27 PM »

There. Is this better?

PRIDE
-   Mayor Tommy Palmer has been mayor of Alexandria for 16 years and believes the office belongs to him forever.
-   Mrs. Mary Palmer is jealous of the perks and prestige her husband gets and wants to take his place as mayor. 
-   Pastor Hanford believes he knows what the people need better than anyone, especially Mayor Palmer.

INJUSTICE<SIN<DEMONIC ATTACKS<FALSE DOCTRINE
-   God does not exist. Laws do not exist. They only thing that exists is strength. Those who are strong should dominate the weak.

CORRUPT PRACTICES
-   Hanford and Mrs. Palmer worship the Great Old Ones because they can give the two power and strength to defeat Mayor Palmer.

FALSE PRIESTHOOD

-   Hanford and Mrs. Palmer carefully recruit select townsfolk to join the cult. Those that disagree are turned into undead servants.
-   Hanford is the sorcerer, but Mrs. Palmer starts preparing to kill Hanford and take over the cult and has become a sorcerer in her own right.
-   The cult is targeting locals who support Mayor Palmer. There are nighttime attacks by undead servants and mythos creatures summoned by Hanford. These are usually not fatal but are still dangerous.

HATE & MURDER
-   The Sheriff was recently murdered by the cult because of his support for Mayor Palmer.
-   The Mayor is blaming Hanford for the attacks and is whipping the town into an angry, paranoid mob. However, many feel the Mayor is somehow to blame and are preparing their own hateful mob.

What the NPCs want from the Dogs:
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: