News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Black Lipstick

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, August 12, 2002, 09:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

It's still way in the formative stages but I'm working on a new free RPG called "Black Lipstick." It's a game about the goth scene and all it entails.

Some tidbits to tide y'all over:

- Each game session is meant to capture one night at a goth club in an unnamed city. No (real) vampires, no (real) magic, no (real) violence. Just drinking, dancing and scoring.

- There are three stages of the game: Before, During and After. Each will have its own rules.

- Character creation occurs at the start of every game ("Before")...but you always play the same character.

- The game will use an abstract time mechanic to govern how long the "During" stage lasts. Players can spend more time perfecting their characters' personal appearance but that leaves less time for dancing...

- The game is all about relationships and is meant to evoke a feeling of "life in the moment." A special mechanic establishes this using various sided dice to represent the characters' social dynamics. A d6 character is kind of a wallflower...a d20 character is a social butterfly.

This is probably one of the more experimental games I've attempted...wish me luck. :) Oh, and nice boots.

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

amiel

Good luck:
Are you gonna have rules for specialized boots. What about hairspray usage?
-Jeremiah J. Davis
"Girl you know I love you. now ya gotta die." ICP

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: amielGood luck:
Are you gonna have rules for specialized boots. What about hairspray usage?

Oh, you laugh now...they all laughed...*cackle*...I'll show them!

But seriously, yes. Kind of. Characters will spend the "Before" stage getting all tarted up in order to increase their attribute ratings for the night. Of course, this takes time and there is a finite amount of game time each night so sometimes you'll just want to just go BJ&T and a pair of boots.

- Jared
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Ron Edwards

Oh, I must play this game.

Best,
Ron

Henry Fitch

Y'know, this sounds like fun and I'll bet my friends would love it. On the other hand, having just seen the GenCon picturs, imagining all you old guys playing it is kinda weirding me out. No offense.
formerly known as Winged Coyote

Adam

Neat idea - but I already LARP this every Tuesday and some Sundays! ;-)

Matt Machell

I hope you'll have rules for Goth fashion disasters. I've seen so many....

-Matt