News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NEW GAME: MODERN MYTHS

Started by Jason L Blair, August 18, 2002, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

QuoteIt's not that the old legends are hanging around, but that various people embody the legends and their lives tend to mirror the legend's.

Okay, so how does this come up? Are there people hunting the legends? Are some legends keep on stirring up old battles? What's the deal with the troll on the Living Legends page? Any more details you can give us, setting-wise?

Thanks!
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Jason L Blair

Quote from: Spooky FanboyAre there people hunting the legends? Are some legends keep on stirring up old battles? What's the deal with the troll on the Living Legends page? Any more details you can give us, setting-wise?

the answers to your questions, in order, are:

a) yes. other legends.
b) yes.
c) it is a troglin, not a troll. it is bad bad news. the troll is its smaller, tamer child. trolls, also, are bad bad news.
d) it's set in modern day, with the legends of the earth roaming free. and that's all i'll say for now.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Jason L Blair

For those who are anticipating Modern Myths (or who just want to know more about), the 12 and final gift may interest you: http://www.key20.com/12games
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Spooky Fanboy

Andy Kitkowski

OK, I just saw your 12 Games of Xmas thing. I'm usually not particularly moved by splash art, but the layout and intro text was just too much together.

In other words,

MORE. INFO. NOW!
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Spooky Fanboy

QuoteMORE. INFO. NOW!

As much as I hate empty "me, too!" posts, well....me, too, dammit!

Spooky Fanboy

Any chance, at least, that the website for Modern Myths is going to be updated?

Jason L Blair

As it gets closer to MM's release, the site will be updated.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Spooky Fanboy

Okay, so...how's this thing progressing?

Jason L Blair

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Jason L Blair

Just a quick update: Modern Myths is sailing pretty smooth. Currently, I'm reworking a few mechanics and expanding the "World of Myth" guidelines. Also, playtest continues and final art (by the awesome Gregory Pogorzelski) will be in within a few months. After that, it's editing and layout then...RELEASE!

An early summer date is still right on track!
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Spooky Fanboy

Spooky Fanboy

A game I haven't heard anything about in awhile. How's it coming? When shall it see print?

Jason L Blair

Actually, I'm going to have a very big Key 20 announcement in a few weeks. Yeah, I know every company has its "very big" news but, trust me, this is very big as far as I'm concerned and will bring about a whole lotta goodness and only a tiny bit of not-so-goodness.

I will make the announcement (come Hell or high-water) on April 7th.

APRIL 7TH

Mark your calendars.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Comte

Alright I do my best not to pester.  But my birthday is coming up and I was wondering how modern myths is coming along.  Its important because it will either become modern myths and other non alchoholic items or scotch.  I'm still not sure which, I figgure Modern Myths not coming out soon will be good enough reason for an alchohol binge.
"I think where I am not, therefore I am where I do not think.
What one ought to say is: I am not whereever I am the plaything of my thought; I think of what I am where I do not think to think."
-Lacan
http://pub10.ezboard.com/bindierpgworkbentch