News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

coincidence?

Started by Matt Gwinn, August 21, 2002, 09:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

As some of you know, my mionion has the less than human quality of not being able to express himself unless quoting shakespeare.  I went online this morning to find some quotes to use during play and by chance the very first quote I found was the following:

"Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world
Like a Colossus, and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs and peep about
To find ourselves dishonourable graves.
Men at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
          Julius Cæsar. Act i. Sc. 2.

I thought that was rather interesting.

,Matt
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Paul Czege

Oh my god...that's so totally going into the game text!

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

hardcoremoose

Matt,

What a fantastic quote.

Your next homework assignment is to scan Titus Andronicus for cannibalism references.  ;)

- Scott

Matt Gwinn

I found a site that was so loaded with shakespearean quotes I maked out the memory on simple text 7 times cutting and pasteing.  I've been sorting through the quotes periodically sorting out quotes that would either be useful in maintaining a conversation or just very appropriate to the setting and characters.  I haven't reached Titus Andronicus yet, but I know the list has quotes for it (and I think every play he ever wrote).

This is going to take a lot of work once play starts.  I don't want to slow down play hunting for quotes so I'm thinking I may limit the number I actually bring with me.

Something else I'm going is looking at the quotes and thinking about scenes I'd like to frame which would allow me to use them, thereby working the scene around the quote instead of finding the right quotes to fit the scene.

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

hardcoremoose

QuoteSomething else I'm going is looking at the quotes and thinking about scenes I'd like to frame which would allow me to use them, thereby working the scene around the quote instead of finding the right quotes to fit the scene.

That's got to be an idea for a game all it's own.

Sorry, back to the regularly scheduled discussion.

- Scott