News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Donjon Questions: Possessions

Started by Bailywolf, September 14, 2002, 07:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailywolf

A Quick couple of question about permenant possessions:

Does a permenant possession mean you have a slot for a possession you can carry from adventure to adventure, or does it represent a specific item as noted on the character sheet?

Say you have a nice sword as a permenant possession (worth 3 or 4) but you get a great looting roll against a dead enemy, and score a bastard of a magic sword (like worth 12 or something)... can you ditch your mundane sword and replace it with the magic sword in the same perm possession slot?  Or are you stuck with the initial sword as one of your permenant possessions?  I favor the slot method- it seems more in keeping with the "trade-up" mentality of the donjon-romp games I've played in the past... but I'm not sure.

Second possession question... can a player choose to begin play without a given slot filled?  I could even see this as a nice Dial for The Hobbit inspired games.. your fury footed little guy starts off without any weapons.. scores a nice magic sword... then a magic ring (with an ass-load of curse dice)...then a shirt of mirthril armor.  

I'm enjoying the hell out of Donjon just reading it... when I actualy get the chance to play it... ah heaven.