News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

DD PDF and other stuff

Started by Nick the Nevermet, September 20, 2002, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Nevermet

Hiya
I don't post much in this part of the forum, but I was just curious: is there still a plan to release a PDF version of Dust Devil, and if so, when?  Also, how's Dreamspire going?

Hope these aren't unfair questions.
cheers

Matt Snyder

These are perfectly reasonable questions, Nick!

Some answers ...

Yes, there I will be offering Dust Devils as a PDF. In fact, it's completed, I just need to have secure means to deliver it after transactions.

As for Dreamspire, here again, a yes. The bad news in that department is that money just got REAL tight this week after my wife lost her job. Things are extremely frustrating and stressful right now, which is why I've been absent lately.

So, enough personal info. The long and the short of it is that, yes, Dreamspire will exist. I just can't say when. My goal was to publish the game as a hardback book, but this ugly week puts a damper on such plans (same goes for Dust Devils in print, alas). Perhaps I'll go the electronic publishing route as an intermediate step. Dreamspire will be in print, I just can't say when!

Thanks for your continued interest.

Matt
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Nick the Nevermet

Hi,

First off, I genuinely hope things get better for you and your wife, because that just sucks.

Thanks for the info on both games.  I'll prolly get the PDF as soon as I can.  As for Dreamspire... well... I have this sick idea of making a cabal of... eccentric fellows... loosely based on hyper-modern chess of the early 1900s ("One does not need to occupy The Center to control The Center...").  This just proved how reality impaired I am, but oh, vell.