News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Request

Started by Kester Pelagius, October 05, 2002, 01:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kester Pelagius

Greetings All,

Hope you are all doing well today.

I am currently on the search for decent sites with either Horror or Halloween related clip art.  Or even other related art, heck any site with *usable* art I could put into a image editor to create new images from would do.  (Suggestions for better wording to use in my searches would also not be minded.)

Looking specifically for creatures of the following types:  Ghost, Goblin, Specter, Revenant, Zombie, Night Hag, Witch, Vampire.

Art is intended for inclusion in a simple play test system to be put together by me and released into the wild around here somehwere.

Thank you kindly,

Kester Pelagius
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Jared A. Sorensen

There are a number of cool dingbat fonts out there with neato images.

Umm...Halloweenies is one, IllOctober is another. Do a search on Halloween dingbat fonts.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenThere are a number of cool dingbat fonts out there with neato images.

Umm...Halloweenies is one, IllOctober is another. Do a search on Halloween dingbat fonts.

Actually I am trying to be minimalistic on the use of fancy fonts.  (Mostly restricting them to the title page and title headers.)  But that doesn't mean I might not *need* those fonts.  They might even want to live on my hard drive, could I refuse thema home?   ;-)

Right now what I need is clip art.  Moody mansions.  Crypts.  Monsters.  The sort of thing you might find in any gaming book... check that... old school gaming manuals.

I want to keep things simple, meaning B&W.

So engraving style artwork is probably at the top of my list while artwork I'd have to grayscale comes in a close second, especially if it is good artwork.

Thanks for the pointer, never heard of those fonts.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Le Joueur

Google lets you search the entire internet as though a clip art archive.  Have you tried that?

Fang Langford
Fang Langford is the creator of Scattershot presents: Universe 6 - The World of the Modern Fantastic.  Please stop by and help!

Adam

Quote from: Kester PelagiusActually I am trying to be minimalistic on the use of fancy fonts.  (Mostly restricting them to the title page and title headers.)  But that doesn't mean I might not *need* those fonts.  They might even want to live on my hard drive, could I refuse thema home?   ;-)

Right now what I need is clip art.
Well, many of the dingbats style fonts have material on par with basic clip art - just type the characters you need in Photoshop and apply the effects you want to the text.

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Le JoueurGoogle lets you search the entire internet as though a clip art archive.  Have you tried that?

Fang Langford

Oh yeah.

Which is why I asked if anyone had a good URL or knew of a site with decent graphics.  There's too much pap (can I say that here?) and crap out there.  Sites with the same handful of images.

Frankly after about 5 minutes of this sort of thing my eyes glaze over and the computer gets turned off.

"Not very patience, are you."

"Sorry master Yoda." says I.