News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Adept Press conversions to Alyria

Started by GreatWolf, October 17, 2002, 01:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

Okay.  It's late.  I'm tired.  I should be in bed.

Instead I'm posting some conversion ideas that drifted into my demented little head.  These are just for fun, but who knows?  Maybe someone will get some mileage out of them.

It struck me that a couple of Ron's games could be used to run games set in Alyria.  So I thought that I'd share.  Here goes.

Want to play dragon cultists?  Then useSorcerer.  Your demon is a dragon that you serve (who also serves you).  Having never read the Sorcerer rules, I'm going to guess that the dragon's Need is to cause pain.  Humanity is your soul.  Humanity 0 means that you've gone completely over to the dragons.  No turning back for you.

Want to play Blessed?  Then use Schism (Jared Sorenson's mini-supp for Sorcerer).  I remember reading his Schism notes and thinking, "He's going to scoop me on the Blessed."  And he did.  Ah well.  Anyways, from the descriptions and reviews that I've seen, Schism is the perfect RPG to play Blessed.

Want to play a Digger Paladin?  Then use Trollbabe.  The wandering warrior/mage, standing between two worlds, seems like it could fit the nomadic Digger Paladin as well.  Besides, they're both tall and furry.  Coincidence?  I think not.

I'll now go to bed and dream of Ron's reaction when he sees this.

In other news, I had an excellent night of writing and got a lot accomplished.  Page count is currently 28 in Word, including title page, dedication, etc.  Given that number, I'll bet that the final manuscript will clock in around 80 pages or so.  We'll see.

Good night, everyone!

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Ron Edwards

My reaction?

Nifty, although I think your impression of Trollbabe is a bit off the mark. The "hits" are on-target for the other ones though, although my reading of Dragon Cultists in Alyria pretty much put them at Humanity-0 from the git-go.

Best,
Ron