News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

...When you see the RING

Started by Bailywolf, October 19, 2002, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

CHECK THIS OUT:

http://www.gamesdomain.com/movies/1091.html

(download is kinda shaky- try it enough times and you'll Eventualy get through)

6 MINUTE PREVIEW of SILENT HILL 3.

I guess this is for those people who are like, "Y,know?  I enjoyed SH 1 and 2, and have once again learned to sleep fitfully after The Ring.  I just want to go for something that will fuck me up for life".

Man, this looks gorgeous.  It looks like a return to the creepy metal-and-hell of SH1...

Which, of course, will be great for getting into the mood of a creepy Sorcerer game ;)

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

ethan_greer

Ugh!  I'm not even going to look.  You know how there's the classic image of a person covering their eyes with their hands, but then peeking through their fingers at the horrible sight?  Not me, man.  I'm the one busy superglueing my eyelids together.  :)

Jack Spencer Jr

Quote from: Christopher KubasikSPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!

QuoteThe movie starts with a character talking about the urban legend of this tape.  But there's only one tape, at the site of it's creation.  There's been no ring of passing the tape around.  It seems as if it just sat there, got watched that one night, and then the lead character went back and found it?  Did the original have more of a sense of this damned thing moving through society, or was it the same set up?

I think, and this is just my view, that the girl's spirit was able to imprint the images on the tape. Her father said she could. So the story the girl who was about to die said about them watching a game but found someone had taped over it. It was the girl putting her own thing on the tape. I suspect that the girl put the fabled images on any tape unfortunate enough to be shoved into that VCR. This is how the legend grew. The tape in the movie isn't "the" tape, but one of the tapes. It actually was a ball game they had taped to watch later until the girl worked her hoodoo on it. This means there are other tapes out there. Where are they? Who knows. Checked you video collection lately? How about a trip to Blockbuster?