News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What's up with "Against the Reich" ?

Started by morien, October 21, 2002, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morien

Hi, Jared.

I curious to see your forthcoming pulp supplement for Octane. How is this progressing ? Do you have any idea about the release date ?

I am particulary interested by this concept of playset you have already sketched here. Would it be possible to give more details ? A sort of "sneak preview" ?

Hope all is running smooth and efficient on this one.

Best regards.

Jared A. Sorensen

I just put the finishing touches on AtR! this weekend and sent it off to Paul Elliot, the author of the supplement.

It's cool.

Mostly it's chock-full of alternate history inspirado for pulp thirties adventure. It includes a some "factual" information from real-life Nazi occultism, stuff about Atlanteans and snake-men...that kinda thing.

Most important are the thirty pulp Thirties-inspired Roles, the advice on how to create Playsets and the inclusion of a Playset entitled "Invasion: Hollow Earth!" that comes with a bunch of NPC's, PC's and assorted goodness.

I hope to have available by Halloween...
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

morien

Yes !!

Just a few weeks to wait for it :))

Just a few comments and questions...

How will AtR! be different from Pulp Era, your previous venture in the land of pulp adventures ?

Just one playset included ? You talked about three diffrent ones. it seems that it took more time or space to implement one. What about the ones you did not include ? Is there a chance to see them somewhere (in a format like B&S ?).

Does it spoil too much if you briefly describe how a playset is structured ? What are the components, the format of this stuff ?

Talking about pulp stuff. are you familiar with Suppressed Transmission by Kenneth Hite ? This is a top reference for alternate/secret history settings, full of "pulp-friendly" ideas.

Please, gimme more ;-)
My credit card is on the desk...

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: morienHow will AtR! be different from Pulp Era, your previous venture in the land of pulp adventures ?

Well, I didn't write most of the supplement, so it'll have less typos and instances of the words "cool" and "like." But seriously, it's much more specific...and of course, the rules are different (AtR! has a couple neat modifications to octaNe that would work well in the main game as well.

QuoteJust one playset included ? You talked about three diffrent ones. it seems that it took more time or space to implement one. What about the ones you did not include ? Is there a chance to see them somewhere (in a format like B&S ?).

Aside from Invasion: Hollow Earth! there's an example Playset called Shanghai Showdown! (but it's incomplete as it's meant to provide examples). I have Tombs of Terror! on my hard drive right now but it needs a little more work. That should be done before the end of the year, no problemo.

QuoteDoes it spoil too much if you briefly describe how a playset is structured ? What are the components, the format of this stuff ?

Components, tips and tricks of Playset design are written about at length in the supplement. So I can't really give too much away -- I think the previous discussions will suffice as preview material.

morien

Last one : How much for this fix, Jared ?
Will it be available through Memento-mori as usual ?
You're a real pusher, man...

Best,

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: morienLast one : How much for this fix, Jared ?
Will it be available through Memento-mori as usual ?

The price isn't set yet...but in MMT tradition it'll be half the price of the full game, so around $5.00. I'll be selling it through Memento-mori.com of course but proceeds from the sale will go to the author, Paul Elliot. I contributed material to jump-start the project and am benefitting from having a nice supplement for my game. :)

- J

Jared A. Sorensen

Against the Reich! by Paul Elliot (& me) will be available this weekend, barring any madness. The price will be $5 and a free download (the Tombs of Terror! Playset) will be online soon after.

THAT IS ALL.