News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My Iron Game Chef entry: Horus

Started by Palaskar, October 21, 2002, 12:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palaskar

When I started working on my entry, I started searching for "African art" on the 'net. Relizing I was way, way into unfamiliar territory after a couple searches, I narrowed things down with a search for "Africa Art Numerology Court", which landed a few hits on Ancient Egypt. Finally! A familiar mythology!

So I started with a loose interpretation of my metagame, Signature, and tried to think of a setting. Since one of the search hit was on the art of the Amarna period (Ankhenaten's reign), I came up with a monoteistic Egyptian Empire.

Next, I figured out what setting-specific traits the game would need, and presto! Next thing I knew I had a game.

I posted early on, hoping to intimidate the competition (boy, was I wrong.) About a day before the end, I realized I was missing some key ingredients, and added them in errata.

Then, I realized I could add examples of magic spells, as well as rules for playing without a Aten (GM) a la Rune. But I rejected it, saying, "Nah, I gave 90, 95 percent, used all four terms [the stat Pythagorean covers numerology] I ought to place runner-up...there's no -way- I can beat Court of Nine Chambers. ;-) "

Turns out I could have used those magic examples after all.

Being a relative newcomer, I must ask: Where do I go from here? Do I add in magic examples and character goals, as Mike suggested, and then go to playtest? Or do I open the game to more critiques, -then- playtest?

Palaskar