News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

ongoing development of the Alyria game mechanics?

Started by Paul Czege, October 22, 2002, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

Hey Seth,

I know Scarlet Jester has had a role in the development of the Alyria mechanics. Is that an ongoing involvement on his part? Are there as-yet-unrevealed expanded or nuanced game mechanics in waiting, or in development? Or has he moved on to other projects?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

GreatWolf

Alas, I have not spoken to the Crimson One in several months.  I got busy with finishing school and then the move, plus my computer crashed....  It's been a hectic few months.

That's a pity, too, because I like him a lot.

So he has not been involved in the project for a while, but his contribution is invaluable, obviously.

As far as mechanical tweaks, as I work through the new manuscript, I will probably implement game tweaks and so on that need to be tested.  In a way, I stepped away from Alyria for several months, and now that I'm coming back to it, I'm seeing ways of improving the original design that will better achieve the goals that I set for this design.  For example, a few threads down I discussed how I'm going to tighten up chargen.

So, no major overhauls or revelations.  Just going to tighten up what already exists.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown