News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge RPG bookshelf

Started by Tim Denee, November 06, 2002, 02:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Denee

The new bookshelf rocks mightly (mightily. Mightely. Migh..). I assume all the stuff that was in my Anvilwerks bookshelf will soon be available in my Forge bookshelf?

hardcoremoose

I agree...it's really something.  Easy to use too.  

Clinton, you're the man.

- Scott

Valamir

Ok someone enlighten me...I've heard it was coming but haven't seen anything more about it...nor where it is...

hardcoremoose

Ralph,

I guess the URL would be helpful, eh?

http://bookshelf.indie-rpgs.com/

It's real cool.

- Scott

Clinton R. Nixon

All,

Converting the data from the old bookshelf to new is - well, a complete pain. Trust me when I say that the technical difficulties involved are insane. I may - if I find a day's worth of spare time - try to convert everything over.

The new bookshelf, as you might see, is The Forge bookshelf. It's the first of a few "pay" features the Forge will have in the future. Anyone interested in hosting their games for download there can be more information as soon as it's all tested, in about a week.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

greyorm

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon...The Forge bookshelf. It's the first of a few "pay" features the Forge will have in the future.
Could you please define "pay feature," Clinton?
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: greyorm
Could you please define "pay feature," Clinton?

Sure. That sounds scary, but isn't. It's services I'll perform that require work for money - hosting and the like. We're already hosting some web sites at the Forge. The bookshelf is used to host games - the publishers do pay a minimal fee to be hosted there, and the users use it, obviously, for free.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Patrick Boutin

Does my "account" for the Forge work for the Bookshelf too? Or do I need to create an other account for the Bookshelf (as a user of the Bookshelf... for the moment)?

Patrick

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Patrick BoutinDoes my "account" for the Forge work for the Bookshelf too? Or do I need to create an other account for the Bookshelf (as a user of the Bookshelf... for the moment)?

Your Forge account is not the same as your Bookshelf account. This might be true in some far off future edition of the Bookshelf (and Forge).

Everyone,

Note that development on the Bookshelf is continuing. I've put up a changelog on the site, and have added a new new features today. I'm working on integrating the old Anvilwerks Bookshelf data with the new Forge Bookshelf, so look for that in the future. Any bug reports or feature requests can be put in this thread. Thanks!
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games