News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Winged Hussars

Started by Valamir, November 11, 2002, 05:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

For those interested in seeing what the really cool Winged Hussar armor from the 17th century looked like check the link below.  If you have an extra 3 grand lieing around you could be a suit.  Also available in a small table top version.

http://secure.sovietski.com/cgi-bin/Sovietski.storefront/3dd03ca10595c3209c4ec0a80a1206e6/Product/View/121326&2DF

Irmo

Quote from: ValamirFor those interested in seeing what the really cool Winged Hussar armor from the 17th century looked like check the link below.  If you have an extra 3 grand lieing around you could be a suit.  Also available in a small table top version.

http://secure.sovietski.com/cgi-bin/Sovietski.storefront/3dd02fc60163056a9c4dc0a80a12068c/Product/View/121326&2DF

You sure that is the address you had in mind?

Valamir

Well that was certainly bizarre.  I fixed it though.  Thanks for the catch.

Lance D. Allen

Well, that's pretty sweet lookin', especially with the 3-D view. Looks like it'd be a little difficult to fight in, but then.. it's cavalry armor, so it's not quite so important.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Jake Norwood

I've seen this stuff from up close--replicas and the originals...it's great, great stuff. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've been in the room in that photo. And it's not hard to move in at all. It was the armor of Poland's elite from 1550ish to 1700. THe wings are meant to pop off if any real pressure is applied to them, which helps. They also had a great effect on the enemy cavalry as the wings made a great whooshing noise...

Cool stuff. If you go to Warsaw, you can get a suit for about 1500, custom made.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lyrax

Ooh, and it's on sale!  For only a little over three thousand dollars!  Wow!
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!