News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I wuss out complete and do what I swore I'd never do

Started by Mytholder, August 09, 2001, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytholder

Zak Arntson

Actually, it was a really great read.  I rented the Blackadder Xmas special last Christmas, and it wasn't as funny as I remembered it to be.

But now that I've read your game, I want to go find the actual series ... I've really only seen the WWI ones and a few episodes from other series.  I remember LOVING that show.

Anyhow, the game sounds like a hoot.  Really.  Especially the Cunning Plan piece.  I'm a big sucker for good rules that support a premise.

Of course, I only speed-read the thing (I'm here at work), and I'd have to play it to provide any good criticism, sooo ... you've got one playtest volunteer!

joshua neff

Gareth--

I'm at work right now, so I can't read all the rules, only because I keep laughing & people are looking at me strangely. I love the "cunning plan" rules ("I have a plan so cunning, you could brush your teeth with it"). & you include the "crap out a window" scene, which is one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite episodes from my favorite of the blackadder series. (The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells: "Blackadder, do you have any children?" Blackadder: "No, m'lord." Bishop: "Then we'll skip breakfast & get right to the point."--also, I love when Percy discovers "pure green".)

Ah, good stuff.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes