News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Driftwood Project Progress Report

Started by Jake Norwood, December 02, 2002, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Just added:

*Brian's updated Combat Sim
*Gene Ha's groovy condensed damage tables and his maneuver cheat cards*Stephen Barringer's excellent QuickStart Rules
*Mark Winkleman's Errata with my notes.

Go to www.theriddleofsteel.net/support

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Hey Jake,

Were you going to put my damage table reference program up there too?

Just curious.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

Brian-

I will after the break. Forgot about that one...

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Amy1419

Quote from: Jake Norwood

6) The Flower of Battle - Summer, guys...summer.

sigh... Ive been waiting for that since I first saw the game.. Now I have to wait even longer? :)

Jake Norwood

Yeah...

it's like this:

TROS is doing well sales-wise and compared to the industry (yay)

But the industry isn't doing that well, and not all of our customers pay on time (go figure)

So there's a lull in budget for expansion. TFOB is also going to be a *big* book, which means not cheap, hence the weight. I could get it out sooner, but it would be crap.

OBAM *is* really cool, though.

Jake

Durgil

Quote from: Jake NorwoodOBAM *is* really cool, though.

Jake
When is this supposed to be out Jake?
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodOBAM *is* really cool, though.

Jake

Speaking as one of those fortunate enough to have seen it, I think it's the best book I have ever read ;-)

Brian (that's a winking smiley, if case you didn't know).
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Jake Norwood

OBAM will be out around Early April, although maybe not in stores until a tad later. We'll see...

Jake

Jake Norwood

Jasper's written a spreadsheet-based CharGen assistant. It requires MS Excel to use, and it's pretty cool. Check it out.

www.theriddleofsteel.net/support

Aaron

Jake,
Any further thoughts on releasing any of the rules on PDF?  If OBAM iscoming out in early April I'm in Australia and not likely to see it until June.  Thats another six months! Not to mention the other two books.  what can I say, I'm exicted about the game, am playing it but don't want to wait.
Now this is just a thought but with regards to the pdf this is what I was thinking.  Maybe something along the lines of an advanced order.  We pay you for a copy of the game at whatever the retail price is plus postage as well as a little extra for the pdf.  Now this would mean I'd get the rules now, you'd get the money now and then you'd send me a copy of the printed book once it's published.
Anyway there is no harm in asking :).
Aaron.

Brian Leybourne

Aaron,

If you order the book when it comes out (either from Jake or from one of the online places), you'll have it just a couple of weeks later. There's no need to have to wait for it to hit your local shops.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Aaron

Quote from: Brian LeybourneAaron,

If you order the book when it comes out (either from Jake or from one of the online places), you'll have it just a couple of weeks later. There's no need to have to wait for it to hit your local shops.

Brian.

Thats true but its still a 4 month wait then huh Brian? I'm guessing you don't think much of my idea, and thats fine, it was afterall just a thought from a fan.  I just dont like the idea that much that rules and info that will greatly enhance my playing experince exist but I have to wait 4+ months before I can see it.. Thats 8 or 9 gaming session that miss out. i'm afraid i'm just a product of the instant culture mentallity!!! hahaha..
Aaron.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: AaronThats true but its still a 4 month wait then huh Brian? I'm guessing you don't think much of my idea, and thats fine, it was afterall just a thought from a fan.  

I wasn't trying to insult you or anything Aaron. And yeah, I can understand where you're coming from, also being a fanboy. I was just pointing out that you'll only get it a little later than everyone else.

Plus, Jakes said once or twice that he may consider selling it online as soon as it comes back from the printers, even before he ships it off to shops and distributors. I don't know if that's still on the books etc, just something he mentioned that he was thinking of.

As for PDF, I would think that the size of just the appendix (30 MB!) of the first book on the web page would have put you off :-)

Brian.

p.s: Would it make you really jealous if I mentioned I was reading through OBAM just a few minutes ago? Sorry, couldn't resist - you being an Aussie and all :-)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Aaron

No insult taken Brian.  As I said it was just a thought...

Quote from: Brian Leybourne

p.s: Would it make you really jealous if I mentioned I was reading through OBAM just a few minutes ago? Sorry, couldn't resist - you being an Aussie and all :-)

New Zealand isnt a big place to hide Brian.........Sleep well.....See you soon...?

All the best
Aaron..

Jake Norwood

I have *finally* added Brian Leybourne's truly awesome Damage Table program (holy crap, Brian--I hadn't even compiled it until today, I've been so busy...this program rocks!).

It's a must-have for TROS fans.

http://www.theriddleofsteel.net/support

Jake