News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Driftwood Project Progress Report

Started by Jake Norwood, December 02, 2002, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

Quote[Less serious mode]
Also, you should all buy 2+ copies of OBAM each and tell Jake how fantastic it is and that he should get me to write more books
[/Less serious mode]

If its half as good as you keep teasing us it is, I will.  Heck I have to do something to keep my 2 copies of the core book company.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: ValamirIf its half as good as you keep teasing us it is, I will.  Heck I have to do something to keep my 2 copies of the core book company.

Heh.. actually, I only ever said that I thought it was fantastic, which is hardly surprising since I wrote it (well, most of it).

Is it really any good? You'll all have to be the judge of that. I fucking hope so. I can't wait for/am deadly afraid of the eventual consensus when you guys finally see it. :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Anthony I

I wasn't sure I was going to buy it, but after looking at some of the artwork and hearing some of the cool stuff that's in there...well now I just have to buy it.  I really can't wait to try the pack rules out on some players.
Anthony I

Las Vegas RPG Club Memeber
found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lv_rpg_club/

Ashren Va'Hale

Ive seen some of brians work, its good, should be fun.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Jake Norwood

Hey y'all. I'll be posting some of the artwork on the website this week if you nag me about it. It's *good.*

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodHey y'all. I'll be posting some of the artwork on the website this week if you nag me about it. It's *good.*

Jake

I vote you put up some of the artwork I didn't already see :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

kakitaryou

Hey, I'm a senechal for the riddle of steel, and this is the first time visiting this forum. Does anybody know when the "Of Beasts and Men", and "Sorcery and the Fey" is supposed to be out? I can't seem to find any info. Gen Info: I love the system and so do my players.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: kakitaryouHey, I'm a senechal for the riddle of steel, and this is the first time visiting this forum. Does anybody know when the "Of Beasts and Men", and "Sorcery and the Fey" is supposed to be out? I can't seem to find any info. Gen Info: I love the system and so do my players.

Uh..  try reading this thread and it'll tell you about OBAM anyway :-)

SATF has been delayed for a while, and is likely to come out in two separate parts next year.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Jake Norwood

Quote from: kakitaryouHey, I'm a senechal for the riddle of steel, and this is the first time visiting this forum. Does anybody know when the "Of Beasts and Men", and "Sorcery and the Fey" is supposed to be out? I can't seem to find any info. Gen Info: I love the system and so do my players.

OBAM: June 3rd. SATF...got me. TFOB will be out sooner, though. This year (fall mabye?), if I have my way (which I never do...).

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Ah damn, sorry, my bad. When I said "try reading this thread" I though you had posted in the OBAM thread, not the general progress report thread.

What can I say, I'm an idiot. :-)

Welcome to the forum. Don't take my example as gospel, most of the folk around here are not as thick as me...

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Lance D. Allen

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm actually rather thin. And I imagine Jake's got a fairly athletic build as well, being a swordsman and all.

...err, and welcome to the Forum.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

kakitaryou

Thanks for the info Jake. I'll wait as patiently as humanly possible or as a two year old with ADD.

kenjib

Quote from: Brian Leybourne
Quote from: NoonAnything we can do about that

TROS is already doing pretty well. Unfortunately, it's doing pretty well for an RPG (an Indie RPG at that) and the RPG industry has sucked since the mid 80's boom. The D20 thing has re-energised the industry a bit, but what it has really allowed is a lot of publishers to peddle a lot of crap (which would otherwise have never seen the light of day) which sells really well because it has the D20 logo on it. There's going to be a backlash, and soon. It's also not doing a lot for non D20 stuff. That's all IMO of course.

For what it's worth, I stopped playing RPGs for years (since I was a kid) and was re-introduced through D&D 3e.  After research for a bit and reading the QS and the boards here, I went out and bought TROS today because I've been looking for something to address some of the numerous shortcomings of d20.  I know, anecdotally, that other people came back to gaming through 3e as well.  Perhaps d20 does serve as a "gateway drug" to at least a small number of people?
Kenji

Brian Leybourne

Well, if that's the case then hopefully they don't waste too much time/money on 3e before they learn about the wide world of actually really good RPG's out there (not only TROS, but TROS certainly included).

And welcome to the forum.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

kenjib

Thanks for the welcome Brian.  I'm going to get back to reading the book now.  The next phase in my evil plan is to convert the rest of the gaming group...  ;)
Kenji