News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerous Limitations...

Started by spunky, December 04, 2002, 12:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silanthous

To Stop a Vision spell being cast on yourself is simple. countering magic is done by "counterweaving" the spell they are using. in other words unmaking the spell. to stop a vision 3 on yourself, merely invert a vision 3 and cast it on yourself. when the 2 spells meet, they will negate, and you will know someone tried to spy on ya.
Silanthous Silverbreeze, AKA Robert Zoccoli. Archmage of high Order.

spunky

"To Stop a Vision spell being cast on yourself is simple. countering magic is done by "counterweaving" the spell they are using. in other words unmaking the spell. to stop a vision 3 on yourself, merely invert a vision 3 and cast it on yourself. when the 2 spells meet, they will negate, and you will know someone tried to spy on ya"

To that I would add that you can increase the duration of your Vision Ward (or Counterweaving) by adding Summoning (3), making it very hard to spy on you as a matter of course.

Another concept to explore is the idea of a Sorcerer VOLUNTARILY casting his spell at a higher TN, in order to make it more difficult to dispel.  I guess normally you would compare who rolled the highest number of successes, but there's something to be said for the Sorcerer who takes the greater risk and casts the more potent spell having an edge when two spells collide...

Philip
Exterminate all rational thought.
                 ---Wm. S. Burroughs

prophet118

Quote from: SilanthousTo Stop a Vision spell being cast on yourself is simple. countering magic is done by "counterweaving" the spell they are using. in other words unmaking the spell. to stop a vision 3 on yourself, merely invert a vision 3 and cast it on yourself. when the 2 spells meet, they will negate, and you will know someone tried to spy on ya.

the book clearly states that to invert a spell (counter) you must know what is being cast... i suppose you could go around inverting a vision 2 or 3 spell...but with the loose  magic system, you have no gaurantee of success, as would spend the better part of an afternoon trying to figure out what spell, if any, was being cast
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/