News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

2003 -- What does it hold for us?

Started by Michael Hopcroft, December 27, 2002, 10:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Hopcroft

Gentles,

Just wanted to know what you guys thionk the future holds for us small publishers in 2003? Will we thrive, fall by the wayside, continue to be productive? Will there be even more great quality stuff coming out from slall or electronic presses, and who will be paying attention to it?
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Jason L Blair

I think the indie scene will most certainly thrive and that more people than ever will be paying attention. Now, don't read this as some prediction of "indie-games will rake in Spielbergian blockbuster mad-money-cash" 'cuz that ain't what I'm saying. I do see more people picking up indie/electronic releases and more pros writing them. I have it on pretty good authority that some kick-ass indie authors will have work trickling through the distro/retail system who haven't before.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I agree with Jason.  Wholeheartedly, even.

I think D20 will continue to thrive, but some of the small press companies will creep onto the store shelves and start getting more attention than before, as some gamers become disenchanted with the idea of "one system to rule them all".
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com