News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Adams Bookshop South Africa: Quotes requested

Started by kwill, January 02, 2003, 07:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwill

Hello Forgers (Additional comments edited in below...)

After falling off the web for almost a year, I am now back, hurrah! I am currently working at an (independent!) bookstore here in South Africa, and naturally I've been thinking about stocking gaming items. I am interested in hearing from those of you who have games in print and available for resale.

The basic details I need are: title, author, imprint/publisher, distributor (and distributor's email), ISBN, price.

Further details required (which your distributor would have) are the discount offered to booksellers and shipping costs
a) to our US shippers in Jamaica, NY or
b) by direct airfreight to South Africa (if preferred).

If you don't have these extra details on hand enough info for me to request a quotation from your distributor will be fine. (NB We also have UK shippers in West Thurrock, Essex for those of you based in the green & pleasant land.)

While I can't guarantee orders (none of the D&D stock has sold yet so the manager isn't keen on getting anything else yet), I'm hoping to do up a catalogue for customers who might be interested. There's a one day con happening at the end of January, so try and get prices to me before the 15th if you'd like to get in there.

Unfortunately I can't check the boards as often as I'd like, so preferably email me at work on adams.west@saol.com (put "David Seaward" in the title).

If anyone has had experience on the brick and mortar selling side of games titles, I'm all ears. Unfortunately I don't have the time to devote myself to this in our bookstore, much to my regret.

Edit:
Jan 8 - Two additional comments:

1) Turns out our shippers swim and fly: so delivery to shippers is preferred, but if your distributor likes to handle overseas shipping themselves, that's okay.

2) Often distributors have most of this detail. So just an email address for me to contact them is groovy.
d@vid