News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer without "demons"?

Started by Stephen, January 22, 2003, 08:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

This is a great discussion, but I'd like to caution everyone to remember that no one is trying to convince anyone else to do anything. Stephen, especially, there's no agenda here to say, "You must play Sorcerer." We're all just talkin'.

I think one issue that should be stressed is that Sorcerer play emphatically does not encourage character identification. In fact, it's explicit in all the books, most especially the supplements, that Author stance is the appropriate default for play.

Best,
Ron

Stephen

Quote from: Ron EdwardsStephen, especially, there's no agenda here to say, "You must play Sorcerer." We're all just talkin'.

Oh, no worries; I certainly don't feel pressured or anything.

QuoteI think one issue that should be stressed is that Sorcerer play emphatically does not encourage character identification. In fact, it's explicit in all the books, most especially the supplements, that Author stance is the appropriate default for play.

Hm.  This may explain my feeling that Sorcerer is not the game for me; I prefer to reserve my Author stances for when I'm actually writing stuff!

Still, Sorcerer & Sword WILL BE MINE, and quite soon... word has it any serious fantasy author or gamer needs this work as a reference, Sorcerer-player or not.  :)
Even Gollum may yet have something to do. -- Gandalf

Jack Spencer Jr

Quote from: StephenI prefer to reserve my Author stances for when I'm actually writing stuff!
I am exercising self-control to not go off on this little comment, but I can seem to avoid posting at all.

Might I suggest reading Avatarism and the Myth of the Red Queen.