News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What Kids Say

Started by Zak Arntson, August 15, 2001, 08:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zak Arntson

I don't know if this is really good for Little Fears (not having bought the game yet ... soon I promise! :) ... but I've got a niece that says the freakiest darn things.  So ... two of them which may or may not provide some sort of inspiration ...

(She's sitting at the dinner table, kind of spacing out, looking up at the ceiling)
ME: What are you doing?
HER: Oh, I don't know.  Spacing out.  I was looking at Jupiter.
(She closes her eyes.)
HER: Ah!  Jupiter ate my eyes!  The inside of my head is scary!

(Niece and nephew chasing dragonflies around in their lawn)

HER: Kitty!  Kitty!  Kitty!

Balazs

"Kids say the darnedest things!"

My wife's assistant manager's daughter (we'll call her Tiff) has got to be freakin' clairvoyant or something (and she's going to be a major NPC in my Little Fears game).  

Tiff came over to our place for Thanksgiving last year with her parents as well as family.  My wife and I have an extensive collection of dragon sculptures, statues, plushes, et cetera, that Tiff found absolutely fascinating.  

We thought nothing of this until a couple of months later when Tiff looked up from the breakfast table at her mother and said "Mommy, your bosses tummy hurts.  She's sick."

"Whatever gave you that idea, honey?"

"The dragons told me."

Ten minutes later, the phone rang.  It was my wife calling her assistant to ask if she could cover for her because she was sick.  After she got off the phone with my wife, she turned to Tiff and asked her how often the dragons talked to her.

"All the time," Tiff said, as if there was nothing unusual about it. "The big red one's the boss of them."

FilthySuperman

Here's one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life, and also a very VERY classic case of Childhood innocence.

My son, Tristan, at the time was 4 years old.
A young girl from next door was over visiting and she was approximately 9 months pregnant. During the conversation I had with her he came to the conclusion she "had a baby"
the conversation went as follows:

Tristan: "You got a baby?"
Girl: Yes, I'm gonna have a baby.
Tristan: Where's da baby?
Girl: In my tummy
(at this point his eyes widened and he began doing that "almost cry" that children do)
Tristan: SHE ATE THE BABY!
He then fled, screaming, to his bedroom. It took me almost 30 minutes to convince him she hadn't really eaten a baby.
It was made more difficult by the fact I had to keep leaving his room to go outside and laugh my head off.

So.. a little humor, and an idea about how innocent children really are :smile:

T

delirium

my friend's son Ates is another enigma. he is 7 years old and started school this year. during the summer period he watched out DragonLance games and sometimes for 10 minutes or something , my V;masquerade. he sometimes speaks so wise , like telling her mom not to drink the blood from floor cuz it's cold ! with this imagination he still can't go to toilet before one of us go and switch on the light :smile:

sixth of seven