News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Forge, version 3

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, January 29, 2003, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zak Arntson

Awesome new look, and some subtle improvements in design. Thanks for the hard work, Clinton. I absolutely love this site, even if I haven't been posting lately.

Tony Irwin

Quote from: Clinton R. NixonWe've got a new article on Simulationism, a new review of Godlike, and a new game, all by our ever-profilic Professor Edwards. That's a Monday morning to look forward to, I assure you.

Web-site looks great, I love the reds matching with the flaming forge logo.

Can anyone direct me to where I can find Ron Edwards new game?

Cheers,

Tony

Paul Czege

Tony,

Look for the link to "Mongrel" within the Simulationism essay.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

jdagna

I actually like the new color scheme, though I liked the old logo better.  In particular, I'm not fond of the changing fonts/caps/sizes and the "r" with the flames looks a little cartoony.

Anyway, I'm mostly posting to say that the link from Ron's new Sim essay to his review of Little Fears is broken (down in the glossary section).  I'm not sure if other links are broken, but you did say that a lot of things had moved.
Justin Dagna
President, Technicraft Design.  Creator, Pax Draconis
http://www.paxdraconis.com

Valamir

I too liked the old logo better.  And I agree with the anvil "R".  I think I'd like this one more if it were a real anvil and fire rather than sketched one.  But I suspect it'll grow on me.

Emily Care

Good job, Clinton.  I like the logo. The color scheme was a bit of a shock--it's been a week or so since I've logged on, and the new look made me feel like I'd experienced a time warp--if I post now, will my words turn into dust?  :)  

Thanks for making one of the best sites on the internet a reality.  

--Emily Care
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Gordon C. Landis

Quote from: crucielWhere did "View Printable Format" for a thread go?
Quote from: Clinton R. NixonJason,

Thanks! I knew I'd forget something, and the printable thread was it. It takes very little time to add that - you should see the feature again by the end of the day.
Just went to print something, and I can't find the link - just me, or has this not quite made it into the new ver yet?

(For what it's worth, I like the new colors, and still haven't seen a Forge logo that really wows me, but all that pales before the wonder that is the Forge as a collection of cool folks and great ideas.  Thanks as always for keeping things running!)

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Clinton R. Nixon

It's up now - look for the 'printable version' link at the top right of each thread.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games