News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Forge, version 3

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, January 29, 2003, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Oh yeah, one more thing regarding the editing policy.. I maintain a "new to the forum? check here first" sticky on the TROS webpage with links to common topics for new readers of that forum. I know that several other forums do a similar thing. It's nice to be able to edit that sticky whenever I like so I can add new topic links as good ones pop up (not as new messages, but as an edit to the first message), does the new policy mean I wont be able to do that?

Thanks,
Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Matt Snyder

Clinton -- count this as a vote for the current, new color scheme. I like it very much. I think it's a nicer vibe than the fiery version you showed me last week.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Eric J.

I'm sorry, but I have to vote for the old color scheme.  It's simplicity and it's lightness was much easier on the eyes.   The new...Banner? It's pretty cool.  It's just that gray and red really hurt the eyes.  I'm no expert, but is there a way we could influence you in this manner?  Mabee there should be a new topic.

Ron Edwards

Hi everyone,

Regarding the color, everyone just take a day, OK?

Best,
Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

Thanks, Ron.

I had a group of ten (well, eleven counting Ron) people look at the color scheme before I put it up, and used all their suggestions to improve it as much as possible. I've been looking at it for two weeks, and love it, so please - listen to Ron, and give it a day.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Andrew Martin

I like the look. The logo is nice. But the background for some posts are a bit too dark. I'd prefer to see them all lightened somewhat. Thanks!
Andrew Martin

J. Backman

Two thumbs up for the new color scheme! The new logo, however, isn't as good as the old one IMHO... Why not have a logo competition? There should be plenty of graphics people on the boards who could do a better job with the logo.
Pasi Juhani Backman

Clinton R. Nixon

Actually, I meant to mention this morning the creator of the logo: our own Chris Passeno, who did a fantastic job of not only creating a logo, but putting up with my fussiness over it.

It's wonderful, in my opinion, and will definitely be the logo that defines the Forge at this year's GenCon.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Fabrice G.

Hi Clinton,

hey, nice job !  It took me a couple of visits to get used to the new color theme, but now I find it great.

The time's up allready for that but I'm all positive about the time limit for editing your post (as if you asked me about that, ::smiling::)

Anyway, thanks again for (co-)running this beast.

Fabrice.

Blake Hutchins

Clinton,

Hot-fuckin'-cha!  Love it.  Cool banner.  Nice color shift.  Woo-hoos all around.

Best,

Blake

Jake Norwood

At the top of any single forum view you have the option of going back to the forum category--General, Independent, Inactive. At the bottom you can shuttle to any one forum (Actual Play, Adept Press, etc). I would like an option to either go to another *any* forum category (leap from Independent Game Forums to General Forums) or to the "All Forums" category. Is there any way to do this presently? Could it be done for the "new" look.

Looks great, btw.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Scratchware

Hm. I would like to make an entry if we do have a logo contest. I have a really great idea. BTW: the shades of grey and brown are very original. The layout that they had before came with the software by default. There are over a million forums with that layout. I have to give a lot of praise to Chris Passeno. ;)
"I refuse to date a girl who would rather play Baldur's Gate than be with me... wait, that didn't come out right".

Psycho42

Quote from: Jake NorwoodAt the top of any single forum view you have the option of going back to the forum category--General, Independent, Inactive. At the bottom you can shuttle to any one forum (Actual Play, Adept Press, etc). I would like an option to either go to another *any* forum category (leap from Independent Game Forums to General Forums) or to the "All Forums" category. Is there any way to do this presently? Could it be done for the "new" look.

Looks great, btw.

Jake

This may be a little bit off topic and I don't want to start religios discussion about the best browser, but if you use Mozilla you can turn on the site navigation bar (View->Show/Hide->Site Navigation Bar->Show always or Show as needed) and get a couple of buttons like "Top", "Up", "Previous", "Next" and "Document" with a pull down menu for all the different forums...

Congratulations for the new layout, I really like it. One minor quirk: where has the "Print View" button gone?

bye
Frank
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics;
you may win, but you're still retarded."

Jason Lee

Where did "View Printable Format" for a thread go?
- Cruciel

Clinton R. Nixon

Jason,

Thanks! I knew I'd forget something, and the printable thread was it. It takes very little time to add that - you should see the feature again by the end of the day.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games