Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:01:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 71 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Some Publishing Format Questions  (Read 755 times)
ace pilot

« on: February 03, 2003, 10:09:22 AM »

Hello all,

I wanted to get folksí opinions on couple of points: The writing for my RPG is going well, Iíve started playtesting, Iím holding the artistsí meeting later this week, and the web designer is working on the info/teaser page.  Now, Iím putting some thought towards publishing format.  Iíd like to put out a free 40 page PDF version (enough to generate a character and to have the basic rules), an 80 page PDF version for a nominal cost (with the complete rules), and a 160 page print version with all the bells and whistles (rules, game universe background, intro, 3 initial adventures, etc.)

First, how robust is the market for pay PDFs?  Would it be better just to release the 40 page version and the 160 page version?

Second, would the 80 page version cannibalize sales of the 160 page version?

Many thanks in advance!
Jared A. Sorensen

Darksided

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 10:22:47 AM »

Quote from: ace pilot
I'd like to put out a free 40 page PDF version (enough to generate a character and to have the basic rules), an 80 page PDF version for a nominal cost (with the complete rules), and a 160 page print version with all the bells and whistles (rules, game universe background, intro, 3 initial adventures, etc.)

First, how robust is the market for pay PDFs?  Would it be better just to release the 40 page version and the 160 page version?

Second, would the 80 page version cannibalize sales of the 160 page version?
quote]

Hey, Ace.

My suggestions:

1) Slim down the free version to as short as possible.
2) Offer the medium sized version for sale.
3) Offer the bells & whistles for free on your site as a supplement (free or for pay, depending on the content). I charge 1/2 the main book price for a supplement.

- J

jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: