News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Universalis Transcripts?

Started by Buddha Nature, February 08, 2003, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddha Nature

Hey, I just got Universalis and having read through it once woud love to see transcripts of actual games--are there any?  I know some people have played  online--any transcripts?  It would really help in fully understanding how everything works as a whole.

-Shane

Bob McNamee

On the Universalis website there are several examples of game transcripts and descriptions...

http://universalis.actionroll.com/index.html

I have transcripts for the two on-line sessions that the indie netgamers did on my webpage...

http://www.geocities.com/bob_mcnamee/html/gaming.htm

These transcripts (Greed for the Great One's Gems) are the narration logs...the dice rolling and out-of-characters stuff was handled in an OOC room on IRC
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Bob McNamee

If you are interested I could e-mail you or post on my page the support files for the netgame.

for instance...
Our Tenets and Coins file for that game looks like this...

Tenets

-Paganini is in the mood for a Sword & Sorcery game a la Conan

-no elves

-future-setting S&S.

-Sorcery is based on advanced Genetics.

-The advanced Genetics have to *look* like sorcery, not science.

-Lots of mutated giant animals to ride/hunt/whatever...

-The adventures happen in exotic places that have names like "The Ivory Citadel" and "The Temple of Zoggoth."

-Little to no armor ever worn

-I say there's no high-tech *ranged* weapons... but there are high-tech melee weapons... laser swords, force-blades, stun batons, etc.

-Flensites, a strong Slaver Culture

-The action is set in an area known as the Kroolian Jungle.

-Currency is the cold hard stuff (gold, jewels, etc.), no paper money. (Banking guilds and letters of credit are okay I guess, as long as they stay in the medieval sense.)

-most slaves are getting the bad end of the stick, but some people sell themselves into slavery to get jobs in high positions...

-The jungle is rumored to be haunted by undead creatures

-Men aren't men...at least our men aren't...they're the results of a thousand years of evolution and the genetic manipulation (sorcery) of the ancients

-planetary travel occurs though portals, like in that time travel Star Trek

-Minimum of 3 players present to start a Session

Ending Coins
Mike - 27 coins
Nathan - 21 coins
Travis - 35 coins
Bob - 5 coins
JB - 26 coins
Bob McNamee

Mike Holmes

Gads we need to get back to that. I can feel the 37 coins burning a hole in my pocket. I love the lush feel that game has right now...

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Bob McNamee

Yeah, Its sitting there waiting for us...

Nathan's planning some cornerstone for next Monday...I'd be up for Uni anytime (I'm certainly not restricting myself to Mondays)

I love this game becuase you can switch players all around from a lot to a little and it still works (as long as they've read the background posts)!
Bob McNamee

Valamir

Speaking of transcripts, whatever happened with the rest of the Temple of Bast?

Bob McNamee

My wife started a big school thing with H&R Block, and then carried it over into working for them. She's hasn't been up for the game.

Its temporary, ending in april, so we intend to get back to it! Maybe before, because some of the worst of the busy time will be easing soon.

We will get back to it!
Bob McNamee