News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

villains with SA's continued and dramatic deaths

Started by Ashren Va'Hale, February 16, 2003, 06:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashren Va'Hale

I remember this debate a while back so I figured I should ressurrect it with a new insight. after my game last saturday I found how fun it was for a villain that my character hated to have a drive to kill my character. it made the fight quite dramatic. the guy through 30 dice into an attack on my character and with battling SA's my character barely countered the attack (I had to use ALL my SA's even luck to beat him by 1 success) which would not have been as dramatic if the bad guy didnt have the SA's to contest my character's.
This also increased the dramatic effect of the bad guys death since we really had to work for it.
It was also cool since a 23 dice counter prior to SA inclusion was thrown at a baddie who had expended ALL his dice. Rolling 19 successes to strike at zone 2 also was not to shabby either ( on a side note, the other two PC's struck thisguy at the same exact instant caving in his skull and planting an arrow in his family jewels).
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!